The will likely be spoilers, but should I talk about something super new I'll warn ya. But consider this a pre-emptive warning! You're WARNED!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

30-Day Mass Effect Challenge: Day 10

Favorite weapon(s)

I always do Kasumi's loyalty quest so I can pick up the Locust submachine gun as early as possible. My Shepard is a vanguard, and the SMG is about as heavy as she can roll, and Locust is the best, plain and simple.


Later on Shepard gets advanced weapon training, and I always choose sniper rifles because sniping is just so much damn fun.

As for heavy weapons, the Cain is amazing- launch a nuclear warhead!- but I tend to have the Arc Projector with me at all times. It's a chain lightning gun, and it's great for taking down heavy mechs.

6 comments:

CashBailey said...

For me it was all about the sniper rifles.

I played as a soldier so I have the 'Adrenaline Rush' to slow play down for a few seconds so I can pop off sweet headshots.

I also found the hand cannon good for taking out the Husks in close quarters.

UntrainedMonkey said...

My favourite weapons were my squad mates. Does that count?

matango said...

I usually play soldier, and my favorite is the Mattock, though the sniper rifle is growing on me. (I hated them in ME1).

Also: I just watched "Empire of the Ants" today and realized that my Shepard looks like Joan Collins.

Stacie Ponder said...

That image is making me laugh a lot. :D

CashBailey said...

Matango, I agree that the sniper rifle in ME1 totally blew. It was all shaky and nearly impossible to get a good shot, even while using Adrenaline Rush.

But I probably could never have gotten through ME2 without it.

Finbarr Heather said...

Howsabout that particle beam thing you nick off the Collectors? That little beauty slices through anything and everything like a knife through hot butter (or a hot knife through butter - I guess hot butter would be already melted)!